Marrakech desert Tour Erg chegaga 3Days
Desert tour erg chegaga starts at your accommodation in Marrakesh, you discover the beautiful high Atlas Mountains, you arrive to the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou for the visit, one of the world’s most magnificent Kasbahs. then you will take the road for draa valley a hug Palm Groves to M’hamid, the last village before the large sahara desert to reach you desert Camp in Chegaga dunes.
Morocco Desert tour Erg Chegaga 3 days
[tabby title=”Tour Program”]
Tour Program: 3 Days Morocco Desert Trip from Marrakech Erg Chegaga
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Ouarzazate – Valley Draa – Zagora
Departure from Marrakech at 7h00 am, (Pickup & Drop Off At your Hotel in Marrakesh), to cross the Tizi n Tichka pass in the High Atlas Mountains with a short stop for coffee and visit of Teloute Kasbah. Then we continue to visit UNESCO World Heritage site, the Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, in the afternoon we travel over the Anti Atlas mountains, via the Berber villages of Agdz and the amazing Draa Valley. Dinner and Night in Kasbah hotel with swimming pool in Zagora.
Day 2: Zagora Dunes – Mhamid – Chegaga Dunes
Breakfast and 2/3 hours camel ride in the midst of the desert. Pick up on 4X4 WD at approximately 10:30 am and travel through an amazing desert landscape to Sacred Oasis (Holy Oasis). Lunch break. The Sacred Oasis consists of a small group of palm trees around a water source in the midst of the desert, running all year long. The Nomads come here with their herds for soaking. Departure around 4:00 p.m. to reach the dunes of Chegaga, 15 km away. The largest group of dunes of the region reaches a 300m height and a 40 km length. We will be spending the night in the Desert Camp in nomad tents.
Day 3: Chegaga dunes – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech.
Early morning wake up in order to walk to the top of the dunes for a beautiful sunrise and panoramic desert horizon. Crossing the desert to the dry lake of Iriki, nomad tents and small oasis arriving to the desert gate town of Foum Zguid. We will take the road to Taznakht, Anti Atlas Mountains and enormous palmer. Taznakht is very known for its original artisan weaving carpets. Following back to Marrakech by the Atlas Mountain.
The Price Included
- Private 4×4 for Transportation.
- Pickup & Drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Tour Guide Speaking English during your tour
- 1 Nights at Kasbah hotel with dinner and breakfast
- 1 Night at the nomadic Camp in desert with dinner and breakfast
The Price Not Included
- Lunch and Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
Pictures of the Tour