Toubkal Ascent & Berber villages
of the Hih Atlas Mountains
Period: from March to November
Duration: 8 days /7 night ( 5 days walk)
Situated at a short distance south of Marrakesh. Mt Toubkal, locally known as Jbel Toubkal, has been an attraction to curious trekkers and adventurers for over 100 years. It is a true paradise for all lovers of high mountains and peaks.
Above its 4167 meters, the Mount Toubkal watches over in silence the green valleys that surround it. This trek will take you through impressive landscapes on well-marked trails, surprisingly not too strenuous, and along the way you will pass through remote villages and terraced fields offering you an insight to the daily life of the hardy and friendly Berber people.
On the top of Jbel Toubkal, you will enjoy fine panoramas of the High Atlas ranges. The summit offers dramatic views in all directions; to the Anti-Atlas mountains of Siroua, to the Marrakech plains and the row of sharp granite peaks that surround it.
Day 1 : Airport – Marrakech :
Arrival, assistance and transfer to the hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 : Marrakech – Oukaimeden:
After breakfast departure to the ski station of Oukaimeden, Lunch on the way, a little visit of the region and return for overnight under Bedouin tent (Bivouac).
Day 3 : Oukaimeden – Tachdirte:
After breakfast departure early in the morning, for to climb up to the summit of Oukaimeden 3200m, having a wonderful view over the Toubkal Mountain, we continue onto Tachdirte passing by a col of 2800m before continuation to the point of overnight under Bedouin tents in Tachdirte.
Day 4: Tachdirte -Aremd:
An easy journey of walk, walking trough a col of 2300m, and than come down directly to Aremd our Bivouac point.
Day 5: Aremd – Sidi Chamharouch – Refuge:
Departure in the morning for the refuge passing by the Marabou Sidi Chamharouch, for a visit and than continue rising up to the refuge 3200 m for the night.
Day 6: Refuge – Toubkal summit 4176m – Aremd:
Departure early in the morning about 04h00 for a slowly rise up the refuge 04 hours rise until the summit and 2 hours come down to the refuge for a lunch afternoon continuation onto Aremd village.
Day 7: Aremd – Marrakech:
After breakfast, we take the Landrover directly on to Marrakech, Afternoon visit of the city. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 8: Marrakech – Airport:
Departure Transfer to the Airport . End of our services.
- Duration: 8 days/5 days walk.
- Period: From Mars To October:
- Level: easy
- Trip : Walking.
- hotel 3 * in Marrakech,
- tentes 2 places with mattress, lodgings during the trek.
- typically Moroccan dishes (tagine, couscous…). Fresh products and complements of preserves, meat bought in mountain. Picnic or salads at midday, meal hot and cooked the evening.
- dryness and heat in spring, cold the night in possible winter storm
- French and English Berber guide speaking, cook, muleteers.
Luggage & equipments :
- During the hike, your luggage is carried by mules.
- However, you should take your personal belongings which you may need during the walks (waterproofs, warm clothing, waterbottle, camera, sun cream, etc.)
- Transferts from to aeroport.
- In Marrakech : hotel in double room with breakfast/ single room with supplement.
- In trek : full board / nights under tents for 2 person with soft bed and night in inhabitant /
- Mules and muletiers for taking your stuff/
- Tansport from to Marrakech ,
- Mountain guide